We launched our Sandwell Business Ambassadors programme in March 2016 to combine our strengths (skills, experience and networks) in order to support other businesses in Sandwell. We hold high level positions in the borough, each of us with a different background and area of influence.
Something we all share: a passion to see Sandwell, and the wider Black Country, thrive.
Together we are promoting the concept of ‘doing business better’. By encouraging responsible business practices (such as local procurement, inclusivity and diversity in recruitment, bridging skills gaps, and nurturing employee wellbeing) we believe we have the potential not only to boost business success here in Sandwell, but to support people and communities too. It all needs to join up.
How are we doing this?
- We liaise closely with Sandwell Council and act as a voice for local businesses. Do get in touch if you’re from a Sandwell business and have an issue or idea you’d like us to raise.
- We meet monthly to share our ideas for future projects and campaigning. If you’re from an organisation that would like to present to us, please contact us with a brief pitch.
- We lobby buyers and contractors to commit to responsible procurement practices. We want to see more money from local regeneration projects retained and recycled in the local economy, and more work for people in Sandwell. Keep an eye out for our ‘meet the buyer’ events throughout the year. If you’re a buyer or contractor on a Sandwell development project, let’s make contact and see how we can support one another.
- We attend business events and career days so we can be visible, approachable and useful. Visit our news page to see what we’re currently involved with or invite us to your Black Country event.
- We share details of useful events, business programmes, Sandwell news and relevant research. Read our news page, follow us on Twitter (Sandwell_BA) or join in our conversations on LinkedIn.
We look forward to working with you. #doingbusinessbetter